When it comes to cooking or baking, SIMPLE is what I like to hear. The less complicated it is, the better. This berry crumble is not only super easy to make, but it’s almost a guilt-free treat that doesn’t make me feel like Augustus Gloop sticking my head into a river of chocolate.
Like everyone, Ricky and I NEED sweets to get us through some days. But who wants to blow all their daily calories with just one treat? Although this is not completely guilt-free (I said “almost guilt-free”), it does the job and leaves a smile on both our faces after we’ve gobbled everything up.
SERVES: 2 – COOK TIME: 30 Mins
1/2 cup almond meal
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup nuts (can be any kind you like)
1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen works)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Mix almond flour and coconut flour together*
- Crush nuts and add to flour mixture
- Add cinnamon, ghee or coconut oil and honey to mixture and combine well
- Take half the mixture and split to line bottom of two small ramekins
- Next layer in fresh or frozen & defrosted mixed berries
- Finally, top off the rest of the crumble mixture over the berries.
- Now pop both ramekins in the oven and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Once done, let rest and then serve by itself or with some cold coconut whipped cream for an added treat.
*Why a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour? Technically you can just use almond flour, but I love the slight texture and flavor that coconut flour adds.