Breakfast on the weekdays are a tough one for us. We never have time to make anything intricate because Ben is always out the door for work before he can even get the frying pan hot. These breakfast egg cups are just the trick to get a complete little meal to tide you over until that breakfast protein shake! You can also make these little guys in advance, so you can pop em’ in your mouth before you start your day every morning!
The key ingredients of these guys are all the things that we love to eat every breakfast; Bacon & eggs. Make sure to get uncured bacon too! Yes, it’s important. The less amount of process fats we have in our diets, the better!
You also want to make sure to save all that uncured bacon grease and use it to sauté your garlic. Follow that with your cauliflower real quick. It really adds a bit of dimension to the cauliflower.
Once cooked, these should last you a good 3-4 days. Maybe consider doubling up the recipe so you can have them for a couple mornings. One batch makes up to 6 muffin cups and each of us eat 2 in one sitting (maybe 3 after a hard workout).
MAKES: 6 cups – COOK TIME: 30 Mins
6 slices of uncured bacon
2 tsp garlic
2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
1 cup defrosted and drained spinach
1 tbsp Italian herbs
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Fry up your bacon in a pan so that they’re super crispy.
- Next, roughly chop up the bacon. Set aside for later.
- With the bacon grease still in the pan, quickly sauté the garlic until it’s golden brown.
- Now gently add in the chopped cauliflower and sauté at medium heat for around 8 minutes.
- Next beat your eggs, and then add in the chopped bacon, sautéed garlic/cauliflower mixture, spinach, herbs, almond milk, and salt & pepper.
- You now want to lightly grease your muffin pan with olive oil . Fill to the top with the mixture.
- Now pop them in the oven and let cook for 30 minutes.
- When done, you’ll want to quickly run a butter knife around the edges of each egg cup to help it pop off the muffin pan.
- Serve and enjoy!